We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Halloween is in just a few short months. What are you planning to dress up as? Have you considered skipping out on the costume this year because of the price? Once I discovered that the average American spends almost $90 on Halloween, I was ready to say no-way to this holiday because, let’s face it. We are on a budget and I don’t have an extra $100 to throw on a costume that will be worn for one night. Then I started to realize that there are tons of DIY Costumes that can be made for cheap and/or free! Why not do those for the family this year?
FREE and/or CHEAP DIY Costumes
- Scary Face. If you have any makeup skills, buy an inexpensive face paint kit from Walmart or other big box store (less than $5) and create your own scary face. You can be a vampire, a zombie, a monster…anything you can create!
- FB. Got some eyeliner? That’s all that is needed to become Facebook. That’s right, you can go dressed as Facebook for Halloween by simply writing BOOK on your face. This might be the easiest costume in history.
- Grapes. Head on in to the dollar store and grab a bag of purple balloons. Blow them up and tape them to your clothes. You are now a bunch of grapes. An entire costume for
- Rosie the Riveter. Do you have a red banana available? how about a blue shirt? If you said yes, then sweet!
- 50 Shades of Grey. Do you live close to a Walmart or Home Depot? Head on in and grab a bunch (or at least 50) of the paint color swatches in different shades of grey and tape them to your shirt so that you can become 50 shades of grey.
- Zombie – Do you have any pale makeup on hand? If not, hit up Walmart or another big box store for a cheap tube of grey face paint and get yourself looking grey. Rip up some old clothes and spray your hair with a good amount of dry shampoo to make it look grey and dirty and you have got yourself a good zombie costume!
There really are countless ideas out there for you, you just have to give it a little bit of thought!
Do you need a little more inspiration to get your creative juices flowing? Check out some of these awesome ideas I spotted on Instagram!
I can’t get enough Stranger Things, so I love this simple costume!
View this post on Instagram
Pick a number between 1-12 and comment below 😅#strangerthings Who else is excited for Season 3?!..Let me know your favorite Netflix Original in the comments so I can go watch it lol (SWIPE LEFT FOR CHARACTER & BONUS PIC 🙌🏽) 🍪 🍪 🍪 OUTFIT: Dress: @amazon Wig: @amazon Jacket: @citythriftstore MAKEUP: Foundation: @hudabeauty in gingerbread Concealer: @makeuprevolution in C12 Setting powder: @sephora microsmooth in tan & deep Under eye: @lauramercier Brows: @anastasiabeverlyhills dip brow in soft brow Contour: @fentybeauty match stick truffle Highlight: @nyxcosmetics #BlackWomenInCostume #Cosplayofcolor #blackcosplayer #cosplayersofinstagram #cosplaylife #naturalhair #cosplaygirl #cosplayers #cosplay #geek #womenofcosplay #nostalgic #diycostume #cookiemodel #blerd #nerd #cosplayofcolor #leggomyego #makeup #strangerthings #eleven #elevencosplay #strangerthingscosplay#strangerthingsseason3 #netflix #netflixoriginal #milliebobbybrown #eggo #kellogs
I am not nearly creative enough for this newsy gem, but how great is this?!
Ahhh…the ghost. The classic DIY Halloween Costume.
View this post on Instagram
More Halloween inspiration…or just a good laugh at my expense, if you need one! Have you ever DIY’d a ghost costume? I have. It was NOT as easy as I expected! I did figure out how to hack this deceptively simple costume idea eventually, though – and with a week left until Halloween, you’ve still got time if this is what your kiddo has their heart set on! To get the full how-to (or just to get a smile or two from my misadventures), go to supermomhacks.com and search on “ghost.” 🙂 #diyghost #diyghostcostume #ghostforhalloween #ghostcostume #ghosttutorial #ghostcostumemadeeasy #howtomakeaghostcostume #thelaughisonme #supermomhacks