We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Are you looking for a fun cookie project to do with the kids? Or..maybe you aren’t bringing the kids along for this baking fun. Hey, I don’t judge, I have made plenty of fun cookies on my own too. 🙂 If you are wanting to do an easy recipe that is a small step up from our regular cookie days, I have found the ones for you! These Lion King Jungle Pawprint Cookies are so fun and tasty, sometimes you need something a little different than sugar cookies, right?
Do you have a Lion King fan at home? Whether you are planning a birthday party, holiday celebration, or you just want to make them smile with a fun craft, these Lion King Jungle Print cookies will do the trick!
These paw print cookies are not only fun and adorable, but they are pretty easy to make too! I don’t know about you, but I am all about making recipes and crafts that don’t require a ton of know how since I am not the most creative person you will meet.
It’s fall now and during the cooler months, I love to find fun baking projects with the kids. I tend to avoid turning on my oven during the summer, so we had been waiting a while to make these! So much fun!
Yields: 1 dozen
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THESE LION KING JUNGLE PAW PRINT COOKIES
- Oreo cookie mold
- Paw print mold
- 1 1/2 cups Wilton dark cocoa candy melts
- 1/3 cup Wilton yellow candy melts
- 1/3 cup Wilton red candy melts
- 1/3 cup Wilton orange candy melts
- Cookie icing pouch
DIRECTIONS FOR LION KING JUNGLE PAW PRINT COOKIES
- Add the chocolate melts to a medium size microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, in 20 second increments, until completely melted and smooth. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the melted dark chocolate to the bottom of each cookie mold.
- Place an Oreo cookie on top of the melted chocolate, in each mold.
- Spoon additional melted chocolate on top of the Oreos, covering each cookie entirely.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Add the yellow candy melts to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH in 20second increments or until completely melted and smooth.
- Use a teaspoon to fill 4 of the paw print molds with the melted yellow chocolate.
- Add the red candy melts to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 20 second increments or until completely melted and smooth.
- Fill 3 of the paw print molds with the melted red chocolate.
- And the orange candy melts to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 20 second increments or until completely melted.
- Fill the remaining paw print molds with the melted orange chocolate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Once the chocolates have hardened, remove the molds from the refrigerator. Gently pop out the Oreo cookies and chocolate paw prints from their molds.
- Squeeze a small amount of icing (about a dime size) on top of each cookie, directly in the middle. Place a paw print over the icing and gently push down.